Felt Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello a comunauty
Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty2010-03-03, 18:00 by belette

» Play with The Felt Fanatics TONIGHT
Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty2010-02-02, 21:46 by JoeShowdown

» PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS FORUM
Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty2010-01-17, 12:34 by trucker103

» Final Table Finish in Private Tourney 01-03-10
Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty2010-01-04, 01:20 by datsme53

» Ever go on a Romantic Sleigh Ride? Check it out!
Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty2010-01-03, 20:07 by datsme53

» 1000$ twitter on cake
Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty2009-12-30, 09:00 by ncbluez

» GoHard $100 Grand Slam Final Table Finish! 12-28-09
Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty2009-12-30, 08:59 by ncbluez

» 12/29 Felt Fanatics Firestorm Results
Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty2009-12-30, 08:55 by ncbluez

» New tournament on Tues @ FTP!
Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty2009-12-27, 19:02 by mawlin

Affiliates
free forum

Cake Poker
Online Poker Room and Poker Tournaments - Carbon Poker
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Play online poker with thousands of real people for FREE

Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em

3 posters

Go down

Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em

Post  lewis b 2009-06-24, 19:10

I was in a discussion yesterday with a player about tight or aggressive play in limit hold em.I believe tight play is the way to go especially if the table leans aggressive.The other player believes that aggressive play is best because you can pick up enough small pots to make up for the losses.I was just wondering what the felt fanatics thought about this subject.

lewis b

Back to top Go down

Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty Re: Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em

Post  Admin 2009-06-24, 19:42

I will answer but not with those definitions..in limit holdem my play is almost always loose when blinds are small....but i,m more of a passive/agressive player..passive when i,m making the hand,or feel someone doesnt realize i,m holding one...then agressive,if the hand forms..or i get a feeling they think i,m bluffing..see to me the beauty of the limit game is that it allows me to seek{play loose}with hands like 7-8 suited that normally i might fold preflop in a preraised situation in no limit...so thats how i play in limit.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em Empty Re: Tight or aggressive play in limit hold em

Post  datsme53 2009-06-24, 23:40

Limit... ahhh yes. Well... if I played limit the same way I played no limit.. I'd likely be watchin' a lot of pots I could have won go by the wayside. I think jimmy is correct here in that playing hands you nearly always fold in no limit is what will make or break you in limit. While the blinds are small... play some hands that are appealing (like a suited connector hand) or others... at least to the flop and then evaluate your odds, position, pot size... etc.. as it unfolds. Limit affords the opportunity to do so.. especially when the blinds are small. You will have to modify things when the blinds get up there... so play some hands with reasonable selection in limit as the blinds get bigger. Get a feel for what the other players are doing and respond in kind. It is very hard to bluff in limit, so if your thinking of doing some of that too.... better do it in situations where your chances of succeeding are better and where you have the cards to make a winning hand on the turn and river if don't have the best hand after the flop. Running a stone cold bluff in limit is a hard sell at best... it can be done, but usually only when the stakes are up and your position makes you look like a winner.
datsme53
datsme53
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down