Felt Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello a comunauty
Suited and Connected VS AA Empty2010-03-03, 18:00 by belette

» Play with The Felt Fanatics TONIGHT
Suited and Connected VS AA Empty2010-02-02, 21:46 by JoeShowdown

» PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS FORUM
Suited and Connected VS AA Empty2010-01-17, 12:34 by trucker103

» Final Table Finish in Private Tourney 01-03-10
Suited and Connected VS AA Empty2010-01-04, 01:20 by datsme53

» Ever go on a Romantic Sleigh Ride? Check it out!
Suited and Connected VS AA Empty2010-01-03, 20:07 by datsme53

» 1000$ twitter on cake
Suited and Connected VS AA Empty2009-12-30, 09:00 by ncbluez

» GoHard $100 Grand Slam Final Table Finish! 12-28-09
Suited and Connected VS AA Empty2009-12-30, 08:59 by ncbluez

» 12/29 Felt Fanatics Firestorm Results
Suited and Connected VS AA Empty2009-12-30, 08:55 by ncbluez

» New tournament on Tues @ FTP!
Suited and Connected VS AA Empty2009-12-27, 19:02 by mawlin

Affiliates
free forum

Cake Poker
Online Poker Room and Poker Tournaments - Carbon Poker
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Play online poker with thousands of real people for FREE

Suited and Connected VS AA

3 posters

Go down

Suited and Connected VS AA Empty Suited and Connected VS AA

Post  Mad Clint 2009-03-24, 13:15

Most ppl may think the are sure to win holding AA but your opp has 2 cards of the same suit and that can connect in a st8, connecters are better but not always the best in the out come. If they hit 2 pair, a st8 draw or a flush draw on the flop your chances of winning with AA is not to good. I see so many ppl go stupid with AA, beaware, is it worth risking all your chips?
Mad Clint
Mad Clint
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Suited and Connected VS AA Empty Re: Suited and Connected VS AA

Post  Clibar 2009-03-24, 16:09

I love it when people slow play AA. Just last night a guy minimum raised preflop, as i had chips, i called with suited J-10. Flop came 10-2-j, then ole AA guy goes all-in, ofcourse i call and then he went looking for another tourny really really mad!!! Now if you have AA yourself, raise preflop, no panzi raise but a good 1. Then remember to play the flop, cause if you got callers, most likely they have a good starting hand also!!
Good luck on the felts

Clint B
Clibar
Clibar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  datsme53 2009-03-28, 13:01

I agree with these assessments of the A,A. Having said that I will also say that, like another subject, they are nothing I would kick out of bed. Razz I agree that A,A is best played as a pre-flop hand, and slow playing them can turn into a nightmare for sure. There is certain situations that A,A slow played can pay off much better than the big raise or all in strategy pre-flop. When your heads up or short handed on a table the chances that slow playing the A,A will more times than not make a lot better pay off verses the risk of getting them threatened on the flop. My opponents habits will usually dictate when and how often I decide to slow play the A,A.

So, yeah, I do like to raise pre-flop with this hand the best, but I like to slow play these in certain situations, but I don't like to make a habit of it either. Not liking to give tells to my opponents on how I play big PP's .... I like to change up the way I play these for sure. I'm a tight player( I like to think I'm tight aggressive) so I can get a rep that will get a ton of folds if I bet big pre-flop with a PP. Trying to change up and keep my opponents off tells is what I hope to accomplish by playing the A,A differently in certain situations.
datsme53
datsme53
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Clint 2009-03-30, 17:57

Some good advice,I like to raise it enough preflop to weave out those kinda hands that would be dangerous to and rocket hand. One caller is all I'm looking for. Keep adding your veiws, some great comments already. Good luck at the tables
Mad Clint
Mad Clint
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Clibar 2009-03-31, 00:26

Ive played AA everyway imaginable, mixed results. slow playing seems to be the worst way to play em, so yes a good strong bet pre-flop should weave out the weaker hands.

Good luck on the felts

Clint B
Clibar
Clibar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Clint 2009-04-08, 16:58

Indeed El Donko I wouldn't fold AA preflop either, but I would take notice to who was calling, rasing or going all in and hopefuly I had a chance already to study their play. I think everyone has had their bullets busted one time or another. It's a tough beat but like they say "it's poker" lol Thanks for the comments Cool
Mad Clint
Mad Clint
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down