Felt Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello a comunauty
The Day of The Donkey Empty2010-03-03, 18:00 by belette

» Play with The Felt Fanatics TONIGHT
The Day of The Donkey Empty2010-02-02, 21:46 by JoeShowdown

» PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS FORUM
The Day of The Donkey Empty2010-01-17, 12:34 by trucker103

» Final Table Finish in Private Tourney 01-03-10
The Day of The Donkey Empty2010-01-04, 01:20 by datsme53

» Ever go on a Romantic Sleigh Ride? Check it out!
The Day of The Donkey Empty2010-01-03, 20:07 by datsme53

» 1000$ twitter on cake
The Day of The Donkey Empty2009-12-30, 09:00 by ncbluez

» GoHard $100 Grand Slam Final Table Finish! 12-28-09
The Day of The Donkey Empty2009-12-30, 08:59 by ncbluez

» 12/29 Felt Fanatics Firestorm Results
The Day of The Donkey Empty2009-12-30, 08:55 by ncbluez

» New tournament on Tues @ FTP!
The Day of The Donkey Empty2009-12-27, 19:02 by mawlin

Affiliates
free forum

Cake Poker
Online Poker Room and Poker Tournaments - Carbon Poker
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Play online poker with thousands of real people for FREE

The Day of The Donkey

3 posters

Go down

The Day of The Donkey Empty The Day of The Donkey

Post  Mad Clint 2009-04-30, 03:56

Ok this just made me sick. I was playing a .25 R & A tourny for a ticket to the 60K series 7 tournament on Fulltilt. There was 368 entries and we were down to 60 or so players. I make a bet with A Q preflop and get one caller. Was 3x blind. Flop comes up A 8 Q. I raise to 6800 and they next thing I knew the guy goes all in. I thought about it for a min and realized he was trying to knock me off the pot. So I called and just as I suspected he had nothing 6 9 os. I felt releaved, the turn comes up a 5 not realling sweating but I dam lost it when the river comes up a 7. pale WTF is this some kind of joke!!!! I mean I played 5 tournies tonight and every single one was like that. Bad beats and they all came on the river. I had to leave for awhile and cool down before I smashed my computer in little pieces. lol I am going to call today "The day of the Donkey"
Mad Clint
Mad Clint
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

The Day of The Donkey Empty Re: The Day of The Donkey

Post  datsme53 2009-04-30, 12:32

Well.... Mad... it seems like some days are days when it doesn't pay to get out of bed! I have had days like that when I couldn't win or even make it ITM on anything I played or ever come close sometimes. Sometimes they do seem to come in bunches. Looks as though you're in for a very good day soon. Sometimes days can happen when nearly every tourney you enter turns out positive. Still, I've found that sooner or later, unless you win the tourney, a player will get very lucky on you and suck out to knock you out. It's inevitable if you get your chips in every time with the best hand... sooner or later... someone will luck out on you. We just have to keep getting our chips in with the best as often as possible and hope it's good enough to make the best finish possible.

Keep up the good play and good things will happen. Okay, Okay.. knowing that doesn't make some of those bad beats much easier to take, but ..... hey... as a poker player... that's all you can do is make the best play possible on each and every hand... one hand at a time.
datsme53
datsme53
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin 2009-04-30, 13:15

I know the feeling,but, i,m just throwing this in as food for thought...you were only a 19% favorite to win the hand,it may feel and look different but thats the straight out odds of that hand preflop,and tho 20% is strong,and i agree AQ is a good hand,the odds of a pair of deuces against 6-9 is near 50-50,where if you had a pair of tens your at 86-14% favorite. Soo to recap,when you go all in AQ vs crud{6,9}you are going to lose 2 out 5 times,Sometimes to me it seems were ingrained to think a different way,But in all honesty 20% was the difference in the hands..next time the question pops up....look at your position in the tournament and ask yourself...is 20% good enough.Now i just through this out there for thought,and was looking preflop only,at the flop you were at 90% to win and got totally dissed by a guy chasing smoke...my condolences
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down