Felt Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello a comunauty
AA gettin slammed Empty2010-03-03, 18:00 by belette

» Play with The Felt Fanatics TONIGHT
AA gettin slammed Empty2010-02-02, 21:46 by JoeShowdown

» PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS FORUM
AA gettin slammed Empty2010-01-17, 12:34 by trucker103

» Final Table Finish in Private Tourney 01-03-10
AA gettin slammed Empty2010-01-04, 01:20 by datsme53

» Ever go on a Romantic Sleigh Ride? Check it out!
AA gettin slammed Empty2010-01-03, 20:07 by datsme53

» 1000$ twitter on cake
AA gettin slammed Empty2009-12-30, 09:00 by ncbluez

» GoHard $100 Grand Slam Final Table Finish! 12-28-09
AA gettin slammed Empty2009-12-30, 08:59 by ncbluez

» 12/29 Felt Fanatics Firestorm Results
AA gettin slammed Empty2009-12-30, 08:55 by ncbluez

» New tournament on Tues @ FTP!
AA gettin slammed Empty2009-12-27, 19:02 by mawlin

Affiliates
free forum

Cake Poker
Online Poker Room and Poker Tournaments - Carbon Poker
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Play online poker with thousands of real people for FREE

AA gettin slammed

+6
LargeLooker
Admin
bestoboth
Mad Clint
datsme53
Clibar
10 posters

Go down

AA gettin slammed Empty AA gettin slammed

Post  Clibar 2009-03-31, 01:31

I got my AA beat in a real money game twice tonight, if thats not bad enough, i go play some play money and first hand im delt AA taken down by JJ, grrrrrr Crying or Very sad
Clibar
Clibar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

AA gettin slammed Empty Re: AA gettin slammed

Post  datsme53 2009-03-31, 05:48

I feel your pain! I've been there many times. Real money, freeroll, play money... name it and I've sure seen my share of it. Sometimes I think big pocket pairs are a curse! Mad

I will say though... that lately I haven't been getting them a lot, but they have really been holding up well. Shocked The trouble is... now I shudder when I see them come up because I just know I'm due for a big POP.. and the bubble will disappear! Razz
datsme53
datsme53
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Clibar 2009-03-31, 09:51

well its nice to know someone else feels it, sorry that you do, lol. Im hoping my big pokets will start paying off!!!

Good luck on the felts

Clint B
Clibar
Clibar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Clint 2009-04-08, 17:27

AA has held up for me alot. But lately KK has been giving me grief. Just the other day I was playing in a bounty tournament @ Doyles and was folding my crap hands that would have won. I get KK and rasied, put all in I called and was beat by 66. I feel the pain to Sad
Mad Clint
Mad Clint
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  bestoboth 2009-04-13, 18:03

I feel ur pain!

The other day I was on a couple of microstakes cash tables and would you believe that I was dealt (one on each table) two in the space of about 3 mins.. BOTH were busted.. the first by pocket 6s (hit set on flop) and then by 58o where the bastard went all in with nothing and flopped a freakin' str8... REALLY????? It tilted me so bad I went on to lose the last few bucks of my BR(that was totally my fault I was not following my rules and it beat me.. LOL) I know it works out over time but.. REALLY???

ARGH!! affraid
bestoboth
bestoboth
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

AA gettin slammed Empty sorry bout the bad luck

Post  Admin 2009-04-13, 19:05

but i gotta say this bestoboth it does my heart good to see you here posting and not just here for the freeroll i thank you.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bestoboth 2009-04-14, 00:21

Admin wrote:but i gotta say this bestoboth it does my heart good to see you here posting and not just here for the freeroll i thank you.

LOL I totally understand... I am a member of a few forums and some of them really don't have alot of activity because I guess most people are there for the FRs or whatever... Of course, it may also be because they offer less information or other stuff to keep folks interested until numbers can get large enough. From what I can see there is already quite a bit here and some regular posters which is awesome!

I don't get a lot of time online anymore but when I do I try to keep up with things as best I can... Wink Although I will never be a top poster anywhere because A. I just don't have the time (SADLY!!) and B. I figure smarter folks than me should be giving out the bulk of the advice... LOL

LOL Its funny... normally when I post it is in strategy sections or in the lounge but the prevalence of bad beats for me over the last week just drew me here first! LOL

I got a pretty bad one earlier tonight too but I guess its OK cause I delivered a couple of whoppers today as well... felt real guilty about it yanno.. LOL Twisted Evil
bestoboth
bestoboth
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

AA gettin slammed Empty ANOTHER LET DOWN On THE reCORD

Post  LargeLooker 2009-04-17, 19:36

Played at Bwin on the daily freeROLL got busted when i called an all in. Two callers
flop comes out ALL HEARTS ofcorse niether of my aces were of hearts. ha. needless to say that the other two callers had higher kickers so even a split pot didnt save my ass. i;m starting to have a one of those moments. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! elephant

lol @ bestofboth srry man, that really???? got me goin --- n right now i'm thinkin callin wit pocket aces is a omen....when you get to be the first raiser with the pockets,seems to me to be the best position with that hand?!

Last edited by LargeLooker on 2009-04-17, 19:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding more content)
LargeLooker
LargeLooker
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  bestoboth 2009-04-17, 23:17

LargeLooker wrote:lol @ bestofboth srry man, that really???? got me goin --- n right now i'm thinkin callin wit pocket aces is a omen....when you get to be the first raiser with the pockets,seems to me to be the best position with that hand?!

I dunno... it so depends on the table really. I guess I always want to have good position no matter my starting cards... I figure any win is good but lately I have been trying to figure out ways to make em pay a bit better even agasint tight opponents and oddly enough they never seem to do so when I am the first in the pot... Mad LOL

I mean unless someone else has a real strong hand and they think they have me beat... One advantage though to having crappy position with good cards is that everyone else has better position and sometimes will play more marginal hands, that as long as they don't hit a miracle flop or something like that will end up paying pretty well... and YES I WILL SLOW PLAY ACES!!! LOL not all the time but depending on the table... sometimes it is the only way to get paid! LOL
bestoboth
bestoboth
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

AA gettin slammed Empty AA

Post  LargeLooker 2009-04-18, 00:30

AA gettin slammed 789987

Last edited by LargeLooker on 2009-04-18, 00:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dumb)
LargeLooker
LargeLooker
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  LargeLooker 2009-04-20, 15:35

my aces busted at doyles room dailly 250k satalite.... k 8 of diamonds
got me......she/he caught the flush
LargeLooker
LargeLooker
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  datsme53 2009-04-21, 01:02

I've just about had it! I might have set some sort of record here lately. I've played a lot of poker the last 30 hours or so. I had AA busted 6 times at that NOPAYPOKER site that Jimmy put a banner in here for. Thought I'd check it out for giggles since I wasn't planning on playing anywhere until Doyles Feeder tonight. I had it cracked at the Doyles Feeder 5 times tonight!!!! One was always going all in every time he had the button or near it if everyone limped in... everytime... mostly with junk. I caught A,A and limped in and waited for him... he went all in so I called his infamous bet... He had 10,3 off..lol! Yeah.. he caught a 10 on the flop and a 3 on the river....grrrrr! Mad Another called my all in AA with a 6,3 suited diamonds.... yep... flop was 7,8,9 diamonds!! I was crippled then with only about 1200 left. A few hands later... I catch an A,A ... go all in.. and get 4 callers to my short stack bet of about 1080. Thought maybe I can win this and get back into it... but no.... one guy hits an inside str8 on the river!!!!!!! Mad Mad To top it all off... I had it busted twice at GoHard while I was playing a WSOP qualifier. That's 13 times in about the last 30 or so hours. Yeah I played a lot of poker( I was multi-tabling some on NOPAYPOKER), but that is still a lot of AA getting busted in a short time! Gotta take a break!! Evil or Very Mad Well.... maybe one more NOPAYPOKER freeroll just to take the edge off! Razz
datsme53
datsme53
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  LargeLooker 2009-04-21, 01:28

Omg i dont know aces gettin cracked is tickling my feather so....lmao sucks man really sucks --realli your story is funny and i just had to read on... wow anyway gooluck for the r est of your session...i'll be in doyls for the satalite, and a $50 freeroll at carbon---

doyles sn Jchannel
carbon sn BigThreat
LargeLooker
LargeLooker
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  reaper60 2009-04-25, 09:46

I think the computers (even though it's random) may be set up to bust Aces, happens to me 99% of the time.
reaper60
reaper60
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  kingmotan 2009-04-28, 09:25

Well usually u put down a 10- 15xBB bet but If u feel it's not enough u just go ai.
Got 'em crushed last night in a 3k on DOyles. Guy had KK and K hit on the river of course Shocked . I can't blame him, he played his good hand but it gets u to wonder what the hell should you do. I read on another forum .... in which case do you fold Aces? I think it's just dumb, even if I'm ss with 6 remaining and top 5 ITM I can't even think of folding. If u're not playing aces what the hell are you waiting for?

kingmotan

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLPH 2009-04-28, 10:57

I played in a Torny benefitting march of dimes over the weekend. It was rebuy and i was really short stacked. Im on the big blind I have 10-8 off, i only have about 7 grand in chips and the blinds are 2000-4000. the flop comes up ace 6 9. I only have a gut shot straight draw and the woman across the table pushes in her chips. she has me covered by about 1000 chips. We are 5 hours into this torny with all the auctions and raffles and the other stuff that goes on with charity events. im tired and ready to call it a day so i call. The turn is a 2 and the river is a 7. I catch my straight and feel like the biggest donkey ever. she had pocket aces for a set. Did I ever feel bad about that.

Had i not been ready to head home I wouldve never made that call.

ROWLPH

Back to top Go down

AA gettin slammed Empty two worst hands

Post  ibew481indy 2009-05-27, 18:24

pocket aces and pocket queens i lose with both all the time lol

ibew481indy

Back to top Go down

AA gettin slammed Empty reep

Post  LargeLooker 2009-05-27, 19:17

question is how did you feel when you got home that you wanted to be there so bad?>
LargeLooker
LargeLooker
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLPH 2009-05-27, 21:59

several health issues get in the way. I try never to get into a torny when i know they could be a problem but sometimes when you commit you go anyway and hope for the best. this one was one of those.

rowlph

ROWLPH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum