FAQ
 Search
Play online poker with thousands of real people for FREE
Shopmotion

Step on a Crack

Go down

Step on a Crack

Post  LargeLooker on 2009-05-23, 13:29

The new book I'm reading is Step on a Crack by James Patterson. It involves a nypd homicide detective, that gets involved in a hostage situation that takes place in New York's Saint Patrick's Cathedral. Mike Bennet the nypd officer has the task of undertaking this hostage situation after negotions with a military negotiater goes sour with the hijackers. The Neat Man and Jack are the villains here and are good at making Mike's day go completey awry. At the halfway point, the hijackers have a hundred or so celebrities and other rich folk bunkered down in the Cathedral with explosives at every entrance/exit of the world renound Church. Mike has a few ideas up his sleeve on how to breach, but I'm still mystified how, and when? will this breach occur and also still wondering if money is the only motive here, which the book is implying thus far. Stay tuned I'll fill you on the rest, check back if you want the spoiler. Should be done in less then 5 days. Poker is still a main course of fuel for me here so check you guys laters.
LargeLooker
LargeLooker
Moderators
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Step on a Crack

Post  trucker103 on 2009-05-23, 18:07

excellent book read that when i had spinal surgery gets real interesting threw out the book good ending too u should like it .

Back to top Go down

reep add

Post  LargeLooker on 2009-06-02, 23:16

so i finished the book. Step on a Crack. It definitly was a good read. The plot used to end the book, or the climax to put a end to the mystery was so good I'm sure it was used in a bank robbers movie. I'm not one to generate interest on things I don't like, it's not the case here. I like the book. I do recommend it, yet again I believe the drama , which came with the main charecters life, (his wife died of cancer and his family deals with that) was somewhat over stated. Too many chapters in this book of that part of the Michael Bennets life that I don't think really belonged. It did keep me interested as reader and I did read it front to back so enjoy it if you come around it. And those of you who have read it, Let's remind our selves correctional officers aren't always right/ Rolling Eyes
LargeLooker
LargeLooker
Moderators
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KAR1982 on 2009-06-06, 15:59

sounds like a very good book. i'll have to add it to my must reads. If you got more to recommend, I'd love to hear them.

Back to top Go down

reep

Post  LargeLooker on 2009-06-06, 16:05

i think thats a good idea, but i have to warn you , the ending has been a movie before, so you if you watch of lot of movies, you might be upset,,,,another thing, i'm going after Mike Matusow's book titled Check Raising The Devil, theres freerolls on full tilt for it autographed... i think he will have some interesting stories he's a character right?1
LargeLooker
LargeLooker
Moderators
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down